2024-08-31

There i was again


Again feeling lost

Again not enough

Again chasing instead of creating

Another tumble, another large-scale coin flip

Will I again convert this life into new satisfaction

As I did before with youthful gusto

Do I still have the vigor of days past

Or am I nearer the burnout than the explosion


As I comb through my howls of 12 years ago

I see the same person still withstanding the same wraiths

Muscles expanded beyond the secular, tho

This friction be like gains

I fought and won

I doubted and overcame

Nothing new, mate

I tell myself

As I ponder if I should throw this day away or use it

Time flies when you live

And I lived

Not yet there, sharing the caelum with the divinity

But touched so many Numina—

You can call me seraphic


I got what I desired

And I will get it again

My dominion is my creation

For decades now

That never altered

Thank the universe

And will never be swayed

I’m proud of that

I can say I did it my way

And I will go on like that

I tell myself while I ponder if I should throw away another day

Or use it


You did it, my g

Don’t forget

You’ve been here before

And will be again

Lost in loathing

Pondering the orb

Instead of finishing up


But do not dismantle yourself

Raise your vital force tall

Treasure you

Outstandingly in times of distraction

And you will find control

As you found mastery

Which will lead, like before,

To foreseen and hard-earned bliss